Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

[GoogleMapsAPI] - Custom Markers issue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rec9140
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: [GoogleMapsAPI] - Custom Markers issue Reply with quote

I am having a problem with using custom markers appearing way to the bottom right of the actual point, especially at the higher zoom levels (zoomed out).

If I zoom in far enough they eventually tend to align up with the actual point, but this mis-alignment is a problem when the map is not that zoomed in.

If you click on the marker to show the balloon the pointer to it shows the correct spot.. . . Sad

I've tried using the x,y,x,y for the map marker commands, but this doesn't seem to move the icons.

If I use the default (UGLY! google marker Mad ) everythings fine....

Is there any way to adjust the marker placement, or what am I doing wrong with the x,y,x,y commands when adding the markers? ? ?

THANKS!
rec9140
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who need to solve this problem as well.

X and Y are the co-ords of the marker you want to use based on the size of your marker...

So in my case the marker is a 32 x 32 PNG

I wanted the marker to appear just above the point, so I set the x,y's to the lower right corner which =

SOLVED!

Another marker I use has point to it and thus I wanted that point to be under the marker... this is a 35 x 35 PNG the map pointer is at 18, 34 so I put 18,34,18,34 for my x/y's and now the point appears right over the location...

So for any one else running into this problem there is info you need to resolve it.

Hope it helps others.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: