Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Simple-Groupware integration PMWIKI to SMARTY

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazaruscardoza
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Simple-Groupware integration PMWIKI to SMARTY Reply with quote

Hi there,

the company simple-groupware.de have integrated your product into their application as well as the standard PMWIKI.

PMWiki has addons (PHP) which integrate into their product, when I tried to install the addons they would not work, while they do work in I install PMWIKI seperately (standalone server).

I was told by Simple-groupware that SMARTY is the template standard for their groupware application and so some of the addons for PMWIKI may not work because the presentation is handled directly by SMARTY.

So can you help me to work out how to integrate the addons from PMWIKI (they are in the cookbook)

I just need to know how to migrate the cookbook addons from PMWIKI over to SMARTY.

Please help.

Kind regards
Lazarus Cardoza,.
elpmis
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you want to know - Smarty has a great documentation.

http://www.smarty.net/manual/en/

If I'm right PMWiki has an custom template engine too

http://www.simple-groupware.de/cms/SimpleGroupwareContentManagement

I'm not familiar with simple groupware but maybe it would be possible to switch from custom template engine to Smarty Rolling Eyes .
lazaruscardoza
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

OK. Here it gos. Simple-groupware are already using the smarty template engine, and its because of that the some of the GUI based PMWIKI cookbook receipes do not work.

So I am asking if anyone has experience of porting over some of these receipes from PMWIKI to Smarty and thus this would help me understand how to do that in simple-groupware version of the smarty engine (which is your version).
SMARTY is at the heart of their system so switching is not an option.

Hope that describes what I am after. Also I am not a programmer, and I it could be a long learning time before I actual understand any of this. I am a simple user trying to get what he wants without having to do much writing, but it sounds like I may have to in the end.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: