Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Open the view in a folder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gremio10
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Open the view in a folder Reply with quote

Hey!, I have my folder views that have all my .tpl, but I want to separate some of my .tpl, so I created another folder, called pro, and I put my .tpl inside, and in my PHP i put ->display( "pro/questions.tpl" ); but it returns this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'questions.tpl'' in C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php:163 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php(550): Smarty_Internal_Template->isExisting(true) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\Smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php(338): Smarty_Internal_Template->getRenderedTemplate() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\Smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php(382): Smarty->fetch('questions.tpl', NULL, NULL, NULL, true) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\pro\questions.php(11): Smarty->display('questions.tpl') #4 {main} thrown

Thank you
androidworkz
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two issues here... first, I think you have to pass the absolute path. How I accomplished this was to create a class that extends smarty and my own "display" method that returns the full path. Kind of like this

Code:

// this is a very simple example.

class View extends Smarty {
    public function __construct($cfg = array()) {
        parent::__construct();

$this->template_dir = $cfg['template_dir'];
        $this->compile_dir  = $cfg['compile_dir'];
        $this->config_dir   = $cfg['config_dir'];
        $this->cache_dir    = $cfg['cache_dir'];
    }

public function load($template) {
        $this->display($this->template_dir.$template);
    }
}

The second issue is the DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR constant. Since you are developing on a Windows machine you should use it.
seikialice88
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Open the view in a folder Reply with quote

gremio10 wrote:
Hey!, I have my folder views that have all my .tpl, but I want to separate some of my .tpl, so I created another folder, called pro, and I put my .tpl inside, and in my PHP i put ->display( "pro/questions.tpl" ); but it returns this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'questions.tpl'' in C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php:163 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php(550): Smarty_Internal_Template->isExisting(true) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\Smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php(338): Smarty_Internal_Template->getRenderedTemplate() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\Smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php(382): Smarty->fetch('questions.tpl', NULL, NULL, NULL, true) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\ligadedoutores\pro\questions.php(11): Smarty->display('questions.tpl') #4 {main} thrown

Thank you

Thanks you for the post.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: