Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Multilang with different template set ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DinoM
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Multilang with different template set ? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've some questions regrading the template functionality and flexibilty for later maintenance on my approach. Sorry, it maybe stupid at all. But which is my current idea.

My Approach is : splitting lang by template set. and index.php will passing on the required lang vars in order to load the correct tpl under their lang folder.

lang/en-us
/blah1.tpl
/blah2.tpl
lang/zh-tw
/blah1.tpl
/blah2.tpl

This sound quite stupid right Crying or Very sad ? many duplicate work when updating contents from a tpl. Crying or Very sad

Could some of you guy give me a direction to learn, think...etc ? Wink

Thanks.
Dino
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi DinoM.

Start Here: http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84
DinoM
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boots wrote:
hi DinoM.

Start Here: http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84

Thanks boots Very Happy

I've seen this post b4, but what if the messages need to be translated contain over 100 words ? a large paragraph ? Rolling Eyes

Pardon me, how can I handle different image files (jpg,gif,png) ? As most of them also containing locale specific wording like page slogan.. page heading... Should I include these images into the xml too ? Shocked

Thanks,
Dino
AZTEK
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the XML method and the gettext method can translate HTML. I am not sure about the length on the gettext method but I bet it can handle a large paragraph. The XML method I provided should have no problem with HTML so long as its properly escaped.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: