Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Option labels in html_options

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koide
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Option labels in html_options Reply with quote

Hi, I've been using html_options for a while to do the dropdowns, and now i tested the site with a text based browser and it shows the values instead of the output.

My guess is that happens due to the attribute label being set as the values, and not as the output.

Example: (output from smarty)
<option label='392' value='392'>My Option</option>

In links (a text based browser), it is shown as:
[392] instead of [My Option]

What can I do to set the label as the output and not as the values?

Thanks,
Vinko.
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems you are using an old version of Smarty/html_options.

this has been fixed since Smarty-2.4.0 . try to upgrade. if upgrading is not an option for you, due to incompatibilities of your templates with newer versions of smarty, you have to take the function.html_options.php-plugin from a newer smarty-distribution and try to get it running with your older smarty.

the only caveat here: the newer plugin *returns* the output, but for smarty versions below 2.4.0 it should *echo* the output.

HTH
messju
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: