Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Check if a file exists "$tpl_dir./test.html"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Check if a file exists "$tpl_dir./test.html" Reply with quote

Good afternoon, I'm trying to include a html file in a section inside the product sheet.

For this I have included in the product.tpl this code:

Code:
{include file="$tpl_dir./test.html"}

In this case it is a test, but I want the file name to be the Product Code.html. It also works fine, but if that file does not exist, it gives an error.

In php it is simple to check if that url or file exists. But I do not know how to do it on smarty.

I've tried introducing php code between tags {php} {/ php}, but it does not work, as I've seen it is obsolete.

You could tell me some way, to check the availability of that file, to put it in an if, that only enters when it exists ...

Thank you very much for your help. I've been behind this for many hours and I do not know where to go.
Thank you!!
bsmither
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try:
Code:
{if file_exists("$tpl_dir/test.html")}
{include file="$tpl_dir/test.html"}
{else}
{include file="$tpl_dir/404.html"}
{/if}

Many PHP functions are usable in Smarty.
Jose
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you very much, it works perfectly. It was much simpler than I thought. Thanks again, you take away a big problem from above !!
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Check if a file exists "$tpl_dir./test.html" Reply with quote

Jose wrote:
but if that file does not exist, it gives an error.
Of course it gives an error. Because you made it - you told it to include a nonexistent file. And it is your responsibility to fix it. Not to mask it with senseless workarounds.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: