Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

{nocache} and cache_modified_check = true

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HennessyDotTech
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: {nocache} and cache_modified_check = true Reply with quote

Using Smarty 3.1.34.

I'm using cache_modified_check = true so that Smarty will send a 304 when a page hasn't changed.

However, I have added a {nocache}{/nocache} section to one template. My expectation is that Smarty would send a 200 response along with the page for every request, since there is a portion of the page that isn't cached.

This isn't what happens, though. I get the 304 response on subsequent visits. The portion within the {nocache} doesn't change (obviously). I have to hit shift+refresh to get a 200 response along with the new page, which defeats the purpose.

Is cache_modified_check not compatible with {nocache}?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
https://www.smarty.net/docs/en/variable.cache.modified.check.tpl

If you want a portion of your page change with every request, I suggest javascript and a separate route to fetch always-new block into the page.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: