Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

error 500

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salman20054
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: error 500 Reply with quote

i required help in the following code from ojs

[27-Jul-2019 15:17:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "core:core:commonheaderHead.tpl" on line 20 "LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500};" - Unexpected ":", expected one of: "}" <--
bsmither
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of OJS are you running?

I have looked through OJS 3.1.0 and did not find LHCChatOptions.

But it looks like this is a javascript statement. If so, then the statement is not respecting the need to escape Smarty's tag delimiters.

Line 20 will need to be one of:
Code:
LHCChatOptions.opt = { widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500 };
or
LHCChatOptions.opt = {ldelim}widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500{rdelim};
or
{literal}<script>LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500};</script>{/literal}

The first is whitespace just inside any braces, the second is using Smarty's tags for braces, and the third is wrapping the <script> block inside Smarty's {literal} tags.
bsmither
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your post on the OJS forum. Another conversation there in 2017 was wanting to do the same thing - install a "help chat" feature.

Apparently, OJS does not have a dedicated OJS plugin to do "help chat".

Therefore, it is important that any modifications made to Smarty templates as per instructed by the third-party package publisher must conform to the environment they will be used in.
salman20054
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for a try, i had inserted the code in line 20 in headerhead.tpl,
after having a try in front end i opened the file to remove the code/alter the code but the code which i was pasted is no longer available in it.

how can i rectify this error.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inserted which code?
What is no longer available?
salman20054
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was inserted chat code from livehelper
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
var LHCChatOptions = {};
LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500};
(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
var referrer = (document.referrer) ? encodeURIComponent(document.referrer.substr(document.referrer.indexOf('://')+1)) : '';
var location  = (document.location) ? encodeURIComponent(window.location.href.substring(window.location.protocol.length)) : '';
po.src = '//rubatosis.org/livehelper/index.php/chat/getstatus/(click)/internal/(position)/bottom_Right/(ma)/br/(top)/350/(units)/pixels/(leaveamessage)/true?r='+referrer+'&l='+location;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();
</script>

after that the code is totally invisible in the line.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrap your JS code into {literal}{/literal} tags.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: