Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty Internationalization. Help!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Smarty Internationalization. Help!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have installed Smarty very well, and must say I absolutly love it. But now i've come to the point where I need to internationalize. I need to make it so the site is viewable in many languages..

So i proceeded in downloading Johns IntSmarty Article off of phparch, and installed this plugin. But I am having difficulities.. I have setup a basic file like he has said but reviece the following errors:

Fatal error: input in flex scanner failed in /var/www/php2/Smarty on line 1
Warning: Missing argument 1 for loadlanguagetable() in /var/www/php2/Smarty/IntSmarty.class.php on line 76

Here is my code from internional.php

Code:

<?php

require_once('Smarty/IntSmarty.class.php');
$smarty= new IntSmarty();
$smarty->_determineLangs();
$smarty->loadLanguageTable();

$smarty->display('international.tpl');
$smarty->saveLanguageTable();

?>

We'll besidses all that, i've even tried his sample, but to no eval, i'll still get the
Fatal error: input in flex scanner failed in /var/www/php2/Smarty on line 1

error...

What am I to do. I need to internationalize my site, but can't get this working.. Maybe someone could help, or suggest another way to internationize
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be more attention to Internationalization of Smarty!!!! IntSmarty needs documentation!!!
kills
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84&highlight=language
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this does not help me.

I have read both versions, SmartestSmartyInternationaizaion and the other one. Both just confuse me

Whats with the language thing already built into Smarty? Will this interfeer with my installation of IntSmarty? How can I make IntSmarty a working subclass of Smarty? I need help
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pay someone $50-100 US over paypal if they can present to me a working internationized Smarty system in which the user can choose from a menu which lanugage he/she wants to view the site in.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: