Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Nested Loops?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexh
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Nested Loops? Reply with quote

This is a problem I have been struggling with for some time and would really appreciate a response from someone.

I have 2 arrays. The second holds information relative to the first, and has multiple rows relative to each 1 row of the first array. What I am trying to achieve is that for each iteration of the first array (using section) I want to have a nested iteration of the second array but only for the same/one index. For example:
Code:

$array1[] = array('company' => $company, 'address' => $address, 'tel' =>$tel);
$array2 = $employee[] = array('firstName' => $firstName, 'lastName' => $lastName);

I have only recently started using both Arrays and Smarty and am stuck on 2 points:

Firstly, what is the correct PHP syntax to add multiple employees to $array2, so that $array2 has the same number of rows as $array1 and it is the inner Array that has multiple rows.

Secondly, how do I set up the loop in Smarty to output the company's details and all their employees within a nested loop.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: