Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Number formatting and Math functions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benmann
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Number formatting and Math functions Reply with quote

Hi There,

Im having a problem with the Math function and getting a numeric value from an array.

I have a database that contains 3 columns of prices for a conference, eg 999.00, 595.00 and 250.00. These values are stored in an array by PHP and assigned to a variable for access in my tpl.

I then take each price to show the tax (VAT) and another to show the total including tax. I use the {Math "x * y"} function for this.

For the 999.00 and 595.00 values this works fine, but for the 250.00 value Smarty seems to think that this is a non-numeric value.

Printing out the value shows it as 25 .00 - Notice the space where the 0 should be. On the web page this looks like 25.00, which is a long way out. This also causes the Math function to fail as it thinks its a string, that can't be cast as a number.

Can anyone help???

Many Thanks

Ben Mann.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: