Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

SmartyValidate: Problems with example on Netscape 7.2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davemenc
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: SmartyValidate: Problems with example on Netscape 7.2 Reply with quote

I can get the example in the readme file to work on IE 6 but I can NOT for the life of me get it to work on Netscape 7.2.

Is there a workaround for this (or am I, heaven forbid, the first to find this)?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Dave
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should't be anything browser specific. Do you have cookies enabled?
davemenc
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mohrt"]There should't be anything browser specific. Do you have cookies enabled?[/quote]

Yes. I can see the PHPSESSID cookie in the cookie manager and I use cookies all the time on this project.

So you think it's a config problem on netscape?

Dave

Last edited by davemenc on Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only guess is that the browser isn't passing something through the form in the same way it is under other browsers. I can't think of what that would be though. Does firefox work? (that is what I develop with)
davemenc
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mohrt"]My only guess is that the browser isn't passing something through the form in the same way it is under other browsers. I can't think of what that would be though. Does firefox work? (that is what I develop with)[/quote]

I'll try it. We've tried all the usual mac browsers (including mozilla which is related to firefox, right) and IE and they all work. Only NS 7.2 (haven't tested 7.0 or 7.1) seems to fail.

I'm also tracing through the code to see where, exactly, it fails which should give a big clue as to why.

Back in a few hours.

Dave
davemenc
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mohrt"]My only guess is that the browser isn't passing something through the form in the same way it is under other browsers. I can't think of what that would be though. Does firefox work? (that is what I develop with)[/quote]

I'm embarrassed by this but I'm back to report that it works on all three browsers exactly the same. I can't explain how I was getting different results on one from another.

However, I did discover something odd: if you remove all the validation (which seemed a reasonable test at the time) from a form, it ALWAYS fails. But it does it on Netscape, firfox and IE exactly the same.

And when I put the validation back in (at least one field validated) it works on all three.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Dave
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: