Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty & Absolut Engine

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hajduk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Smarty & Absolut Engine Reply with quote

Is it possible to use them together, and if so how?

http://www.absolutengine.com/
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not re-post messages. It is considered spamming. Thanks.
Hajduk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaaa, this is the first post on this script. The other posts are on two different scripts.

It appears I need to go to non-smarty forums to get support.....
kills
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hajduk wrote:
It appears I need to go to non-smarty forums to get support.....

you have to ask real smarty questions, than you will get real support....
Hajduk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you born stupid or did you study to make that comment?
Hajduk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I most likely will get banned after this ( which I think is lame because I did ask sincere questions ), I will look into alternatives for smarty.

Maybe the script is smart, but the attitude and society on these forums are far from welcoming people who are new to this system.

So admin/moderator, please in your infinite wisdom, remove this post and my account. I really don't need stupid stress, I already run a gaming community with knuckleheads, the last time I need is to get crap from some stupid programmers that get a kick out of knowing something about some template but are unwilling to share and to help.

Good score for the Open Source community Exclamation
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hajduk, there are more than enough folks here that give their help (for free) to those that ask for it. They also will be direct (and nice) about the unsaid rules of conduct. If you can't accept a little constructive critism, and instead you lash back with childish insults, do you think you'll get any help?

Now about your question, finding out if Smarty works with the absolut engine would be a question for the developers that built it (or read their manual.) If they don't support it directly, you might be able to build it in yourself, but would probably take some legwork on your part, depending on how modular/flexible their CMS is. I myself am not familiar with absolut, so I can't give much guidance on how to implement it. It should be pretty straight forward if you know the basics of Smarty. See the crash course and documentation from the website.
Hajduk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right so now its my fault? I post a question and get accused of spamming.....then I get someone else making a smart ass comment and now I insulted the community because I didnt keep so called unwritten rules?!?!? And then I am childish....... I am sorry but after I get crap which was uncalled for by a friggin admin.....whatever.....

Because this is giving me more headaches I am dumping smarty and just stick to what we use now. Please remove this post and my account from your system. I found another community where they welcome newbee's. Guess you all never were newbee's and got born with a PhD in programming.
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hajduk wrote:
Right so now its my fault? I post a question and get accused of spamming.....then I get someone else making a smart ass comment and now I insulted the community because I didnt keep so called unwritten rules?!?!? And then I am childish....... I am sorry but after I get crap which was uncalled for by a friggin admin.....whatever.....

Because this is giving me more headaches I am dumping smarty and just stick to what we use now. Please remove this post and my account from your system. I found another community where they welcome newbee's. Guess you all never were newbee's and got born with a PhD in programming.

Take it easy Hajduk. I didn't accuse you of anything -- I only asked you not to re-post the same message repeatedly. That is something you did do but I removed the repeats which is why they are not shown anymore. You would have known that it was customary to only "ask once" if you would have taken the time to read the forum stickies that explain how to ask for help. Unfortunately, you apparently took my comment personally which I really fail to understand.

Maybe you didn't appreciate the point about us being volounteers. We aren't paid to help -- we do it because we actually really want to help; however, as no one is paying us (especially you) we don't expect to get yelled at when our answers are not to your liking. Indeed, venting at us is really not a good strategy to generate sympathy for your situation. Nor is showing disregard towards the commonly understood way of asking for help (again, documented in a sticky and pretty much in every forum that offers free, community based technical support). So the reason you got a terse -- but polite! -- response has nothing to do with "PhD" qualifications (or your lack of them) but rather it is entirely because you didn't seem to care enough to take the time to ask a good question and you compounded that by showing no interest in learning even the basic customs of posting to the community when you repeated posts with almost identical language. Even without it being told to you explicitly it is fairly obvious that it shows a lack of regard for our time. Again, virtually every community based technical support system I've seen works the same way, so you have no excuse.

I find you to be overly touchy towards the rather innocuous comments you received in reply to your rather poorly thought out query. Your attitude also suggests that you think that the users here "owe you answers" as I notice that you asked another question in a different thread which was replied to -- yet you didn't even bother to thank the poster for taking their time to help you. To avoid future incident, I highly recommend you educate yourself on common netiquette before you hazzard into another forum and rant at the people who actually want to help you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: