Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Need some constructive criticism for auction template tool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggerbidsrep
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Need some constructive criticism for auction template tool Reply with quote

I have a new project that I've been working on and I need some top-notch Smarty designers to tell me how I can make it better. Let me tell you just a little about it...

The website (biggerbids.com) now uses Smarty as the engine to drive auction template designs. I am rolling out a new feature that will allow any seller to upload their own auction template for use within their own account. Sellers can create multiple auctions. They can upload images to those auctions, configure details about the item being sold, and even manage multiple selling profiles that can be used to cross-promote things like eBay Stores.

I created a staging area for designers to "test out" their designs. They can simply paste their Smarty code into a text box and see a sample of how a configured auction will look with their template. I also put together some documentation for the variables, arrays and objects available to the designer.

As far as I know this is the most robust auction template generation tool out there right now. I will be making a big push to team up designers with auction sellers for customized layouts and logo development. But before I do that I need to make sure it is working how it should. If there is anyone out there willing to run some trials on this tool? I sure would be appreciative. I am also looking for someone to let me know if I may have overlooked any security issues.

-Here are the links -

Variable/Array/Object Documentation:
http://biggerbids.com/help/smarty-template-vars.php

Template Tester
http://biggerbids.com/members/template-tester.php

I will monitor this post frequently. Thanks a ton! I look forward to ANY comments.
biggerbidsrep
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people testing this tool are seeing if I have security enabled. The answer is yes. I would have figured I would get at least some type of a response here. Oh well, I guess there just isn't too much steady traffic on these forums yet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: