Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

How to reference SETUP.php from a extended folder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: How to reference SETUP.php from a extended folder Reply with quote

Hey guys.. Using smarty.. I have all my setup files in the /root, if i wanted to make say an admin section, seperate from the root, say in folder root/admin, and had files in there, how can i reference the setup.php in the precending folder.

I say in my admin.php:

[php:1:f459160867]<?php
require_once '../setup.php';
?>[/php:1:f459160867]

??????
this does not work
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ../smarty does work, but when i go any further (put templates in the admin folder), and set it up, the application is still trying to reference as if everything is in the admin folder, which is not, example:

Failed opening required 'Smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/php2/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1009
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The refence will load the setup file, but then the admin.php will try and call everything as if the setup was in the admin/ folder, like it will load lang files from /admin/lang when they are in the httd/land.. Simple problem but a confusing thing to find out.
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help!
mensi
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using absolute paths

If you want to do so without knowing the base dir you can do it this way:
include dirname(__FILE__).'/realtive/path/to/file.php';

And here a further hint for you
Remember that we aren't in a real life conversation so nobody is deaf here ergo: you do not have to write things several times... They get through the first time...
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NewfieBilko: try this thread -- http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1268

@mensi: yeah, shout outs can be tiresome but sometimes it helps get some traction. Squeaky wheel and all that. Besides, if NewfieBilko is really a newfie, then I am sure it is intended in the best of spirits and charm.
NewfieBilko
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Ya knows it brotha, Hell ya, straight outta st. johns city, and if i could help people on this more, i would, but for I am still learning Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: