Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Rewrite unknown functions to a default handler ...prefilter?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toma
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Rewrite unknown functions to a default handler ...prefilter? Reply with quote

I'm attempting to embed data by retreiving it from a function based on the user request. For instance:

{Table.Column} may display everything in that column, {Table.Column|PageName} may be used to format the column.
(this is oversimplified but you get the gist)...I need a default function and modifier handler.

My first thought was to use a prefilter and replace matches with a function call
// Get smarty delimiters
$ldq = preg_quote($smarty->left_delimiter, '~');
$rdq = preg_quote($smarty->right_delimiter, '~');

/* Gather all DatabaseTags */
preg_match_all("~{$ldq}\s*([A-Z].*?)\s*{$rdq}~s", $source_content, $_match);

However this method doesn't address modifiers.
Before I really dig into Smarty hacking, does anyone have ideas on this?

p.s. my head isn't big enough to wrap around this:
preg_match('~^(?Sad' . $this->_num_const_regexp . '|' . $this->_obj_call_regexp . '|' . $this->_var_regexp
. '|\/?' . $this->_reg_obj_regexp . '|\/?' . $this->_func_regexp . ')(' . $this->_mod_regexp . '*))
(?:\s+(.*))?$
~xs', $template_tag, $match)) {
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toma.

You mean like an equivalent to __call() ? Maybe instead of filtering, go the whole nine-yards and modify the Smarty code to call user callback as a last-chance before issuing an unrecognized tag error.

But do you really want to do that as functions/modifiers? Should you not rather use {$table.column}? If so, you can always provide a PHP5 overloaded db object that does lazy loading. It would lengthen your example to {$db.table.column} (or maybe {$db->table.column}) which seems like a nice compromise to me.

As for the modifiers, doesn't the normal autoloading already work? Or do you intend to redefine the meaning of modifier syntax here?

Best Regards!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: