Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

tag parsing bug

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunWuKung
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: tag parsing bug Reply with quote

Line 3 of the code below works fine, line 4 gives an error - Fatal error: Smarty error: [in cm42.txt line 4]: syntax error: unrecognized tag
The difference between the two lines is just one more addition of the same variable. The error does not occur if the variable name does not contain the _1 in the end.

Unfortunately in my case variable names come from a db so renaming them is not a choice. Any suggestions what should I do?

Code:

{set var=$foo.baz_bar_1 value=1}
{$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1}
{$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1+$foo.baz_bar_1}

Thanks for the help.
SWK
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

increase the pcre.backtrack_limit ini-setting.

HTH
SunWuKung
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: solved: tag parsing bug Reply with quote

That was very fast and useful.
Solved it - I didn't even realise before that there was such a thing in php.ini
Thanks.
SunWuKung
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke too soon.
Increasing pcre.backtrack_limit value did allow to use longer tags, but there must be some exponential stuff there, because when I allowed unrealistically large amount I started to run out of the 30 sec when trying to parse this one - 600 characters.

Code:

{$rv.hun_cm42_3+$rv.hun_cm42_56+$rv.hun_cm42_121+$rv.hun_cm42_156+$rv.hun_cm42_178+$rv.hun_cm42_231+$rv.hun_cm42_242+$rv.hun_cm42_250+$rv.hun_cm42_257+$rv.hun_cm42_263+$rv.hun_cm42_314+$rv.hun_cm42_332}

I am looking at the {math} plugin and your rainy-afternoon-boring-compiling-compiler-math-plugin version, but I don't know if that would help me.

- How do I use your compiler version instead of the eval version (my guess is that I remove the function.math.php file and put yours into the plugin)?
- I use security=true, would this work with this setting?
- I have a large number of variables from which template editors may create different equations. Is it possible to define the variables first and only use the equation-assign part of math or the variables must be defined every time inside each math?

Like:
{set var=$v1 value=1}
{set var=$v2 value=2}
{set var=$v3 value=3}
{math equation="v1 + v2" assign=scale.R1}
{math equation="v1 + v3" assign=scale.R2}
{math equation="v2 + v3" assign=scale.R3}

Thanks for the help.
SWK
SunWuKung
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using compiler math doesn't help
compilation dies on the first line -
$_attrs = $compiler->_parse_attrs($tag_args);

I don't see a solution for this.
pls let me know if you find one
Thx.
SWK
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest doing any type of non-simple math in a custom plugin. You can then do everything in PHP and keep the template clear of non-presentational clutter.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: