Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Help! add star rating to template file

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawdy
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Help! add star rating to template file Reply with quote

Hello i need help. I dont understand smarty newb! all i am trying to do is include 1 line in a template, but the line is simply printed on screen or gives loads of errors.

I do not know how to write a plugin, as i said im a newb to smarty, and not to good with php.

This is the line for a star rating script i need to show on my site.

{php} echo pullRating(35,false,false,false,NULL); {/php}

Please note using the {php} tags simply outputs the whole line on screen like text..

The file im trying to include this in shows images which i need rated, its a html file, not .tpl file.

The other lines in the file look like this

{*include file='front_header.html'*}

WHen i add the * to the line above like so

{*} echo pullRating(35,false,false,false,NULL); {/php*}

It just gives errors, could you please help me add this line to my page.. ?

Thankyou in advance.
shawdy
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Nice forum congratulations are in order Reply with quote

Nice forum congratulations are in order, must be the only forum ever i have submited a post and not recieved one reply of friendly help.

Well done and carry on the great community support.. fanatastic.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well your scarcasm doesn't help any, but maybe because nobody knows what you are asking, or has an answer for you?

to include a text (html) file use {fetch}. You probably should learn how to write plugin files, as it would be the proper solution over {php} tags. I'm still not 100% sure what you are asking anyways, is something not working that was working?

This:

is a comment in Smarty, it looks like someone commented out an include statement. Maybe reading the Smarty manual once through would answer a lot of your questions. It shows how to make plugins too. Much time was spent writing it, I'd recommend reading it.
shawdy
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologise for the remarks,

All im trying to do is include this line so it outputs a star rating script,

ive used it before on a normal php site just like this

<?php echo pullRating(35,false,false,false,NULL); ?>

The script im trying to add this too uses smarty ( which ive never used before )

The script has files which have lines it like this

{*include file='front_header.html'*} etc.

when i add the line with the <? all it does is print the line on the screen

if i wrap the line {* and *} it just gives a page full of errors.

i really have no idea how to do this or write any plugin,
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{* *} are comments in Smarty. Normally tags look like

{include ....}

in the template. You might be able to use {include_php ...} to include your script directly.
SLX
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to execute php code from within smarty template file.
{php} tag is by default disabled for security purposes. It can be enabled, but the correct approach is to writing in your .php file:
Code:
$smarty->assign('PullRating', pullRating(35,false,false,false,NULL));
and in template file just:
Code:
{PullRating}

The above variable "$smarty" can be named different in your scripts. Search proper name in other .php files. Somewhere it is assigned like this
Code:
$smarty = new smarty()
shawdy
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for your help i`ll take a look at what you`ve said, see if this works,
Very Happy
shawdy
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt work for me . to give you an idea what the rest of the file looks like ill show below.

It seems what ever i add to the file will only print to screen like text. unless i add a * sign like the other lines, but then it just gives errors.

I wasn`t sure of the variable name as you mentioned so left the line as is, although i suspect it may be mmb ?

----------file begin------------------

>>>>> trying to add the line here to display the star rating <<<<<

Code:
{***** Forms/Items ************************************************************}
{*if $mmb_forms_comnt.filled*}
  {*if $mmb_config.module_comnt*}
  {*include file='api/section_forms_media.html' forms=$mmb_forms_comnt perm=$mmb_page.perm.comnt.edit_list perm1=$mmb_page.perm.comnt.admn_list copy=true*}
  {*include file='api/section_items.html' table=$mmb_table_comnt perm=$mmb_page.perm.comnt.view_list perm1=$mmb_page.perm.media.view_self title=$mmb_config.titles.sect.section_comments filters='comments' viewtype='table' class='root_blog'*}
  {*/if*}
  {*include file='api/section_items.html' table=$mmb_table_media perm=$mmb_page.perm.media.view_self perm1=true                           title=''                                       filters=false      viewtype='table' class=''*}
  {*include file='api/section_forms_media.html' forms=$mmb_forms_media perm=$mmb_page.perm.media.edit_self perm1=$mmb_page.perm.media.admn_self copy=false*}
{*elseif is_array($mmb_forms_media.errors) && count($mmb_forms_media.errors)*}
  {*include file='api/section_forms_media.html' forms=$mmb_forms_media perm=$mmb_page.perm.media.edit_self perm1=$mmb_page.perm.media.admn_self copy=false*}
  {*include file='api/section_items.html' table=$mmb_table_media perm=$mmb_page.perm.media.view_self perm1=true                           title=''                                       filters=false      viewtype='table' class=''*}
  {*include file='api/section_items.html' table=$mmb_table_comnt perm=$mmb_page.perm.comnt.view_list perm1=$mmb_page.perm.media.view_self title=$mmb_config.titles.sect.section_comments filters='comments' viewtype='table' class='root_blog'*}
  {*include file='api/section_forms_media.html' forms=$mmb_forms_comnt perm=$mmb_page.perm.comnt.edit_list perm1=false copy=true*}
  {*/if*}
{*else*}
  {*include file='api/section_forms_media.html' forms=$mmb_forms_comnt perm=$mmb_page.perm.comnt.edit_list perm1=false copy=true*}
  {*/if*}
  {*include file='api/section_forms_media.html' forms=$mmb_forms_media perm=$mmb_page.perm.media.edit_self perm1=$mmb_page.perm.media.admn_self copy=false *}
{*/if*}
{***** Forms/Items ************************************************************}

---------end-----------------
SLX
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is not a smarty. How do you known if it is? Can you post your index.php?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: