Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

php for {function} is defined more than once in final output

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vorapoap
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: php for {function} is defined more than once in final output Reply with quote

Dear Developer,

I have checked the final output xxx.tpl.php in templates_cache/

I think it is better for the defined {function} via Smarty Template to be rendered in the final .tpl.php file only if it is called. and it shouldn't be defined more than once.

In my application, I have a file called include.global.tpl which is included directly (by pre-filter with file_get_contents) at least two time for each page rendering. This file contains many Smarty {function} definition for use globally in any templates...

Code:
<?php if (!function_exists('smarty_template_function_uiForcePage')) {
    function smarty_template_function_uiForcePage($_smarty_tpl,$params){
...} ?>

Even if you have !function_exists in the output file.. but I think it would be more optimal if such line of code is included only once if possible.

Moreover, the output file also includes those functions that have never been called anywhere.. It is best if the output doesn't include such codes.

Is this possible?

Regards,
Vorapoap L.
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't include your global.tpl with the prefilter and file_get_content.

just use {include file='include.global.tpl'} in the main template to load the library.

See also my answer in your related other topic.
vorapoap
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha.. I complete this by making another {block} in a parent template just to include this include.global.tpl and make sure that a child template won't override this.

Thank you very much!!!
(You may ignore my below quote due to my stupidity - we don't have SS here?)

Quote:
Dear U.Tews,

It didn't work at first because I injected this {include..include.global.tpl} using the preFilter. Smarty parses any .tpl including those in {include..} ... so include.global.tpl is also parsed again and again with preFilter and this ended up in recursively overflow.

What I do is to put a special "token" inside include.global.tpl and if this token is found by preFilter, there will be no {include file="include.global.tpl"} into $tpl_source.

Are there any variable accessible by descendant class extending Smarty, so I can check what the file it is parsing? I think this will be useful for some occasion?

Or probably, you can make it so Smarty checks before parsing that is it parsing same file over and over again to avoid such error?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: