Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Capture Raw Smarty Code in Block Plugin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattejames
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Capture Raw Smarty Code in Block Plugin Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm trying to use a block plug-in and capture the raw smarty content within the block. I've thought of a few ways to do this, but only one that I know of how to implement it.

Option 1: Create a pre-filter that looks for tags of this block type and adds in a {literal} right after the block starts and a {/literal} right after the block ends. (Not super-elegant, but I can actually do this.)

Option 2: Figure out some way to add a {literal} block programmatically from the block itself when the block opens. (A. I'm not sure this is even possible. B. If it is, I certainly don't know how to do it.)

Option 3: Some other brilliant suggestion you folks might have. Smile

Thanks in advance.
rodneyrehm
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually discussed this with Uwe a couple of months ago. The only way to do this (right) is option 1. {literal} is a special lexer-mode that cannot be activated "just like that". Sorry…
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do this with a prefilter as such:

create your tags, say we call them "escape":

Code:
{escape}
  This is some smarty {$tag} stuff we don't want {parsed}
{/escape}

The prefilter would find blocks of {escape}...{/escape} content, then replace all instances of { and } with {$smarty.lbrace} and {$smarty.rbrace} respectively, and remove the escape tags. I have already done this with online documentation. I also did html-escapement in this block, which is why {literal} didn't suffice.

[edit] are you wanting to just display this content as text, or actually capture it? Maybe my method works for another purpose...

Last edited by mohrt on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
rodneyrehm
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monte was probably talking about {$smarty.ldelim} or {ldelim} as {lbrace} does not exist…
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually its {$smarty.lbrace} and {$smarty.rbrace} I think {lbrace} and {rbrace} might have existed long ago, but were pulled in favor of the former syntax. The difference between "ldelim" and "lbrace" is that lbrace will always print "{" regardless of the smarty delimiters. (fixed in post)
mattejames
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrt wrote:

[edit] are you wanting to just display this content as text, or actually capture it? Maybe my method works for another purpose...

I wanted to capture the raw code so I could process it at my discretion.

Thanks for the tips guys!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: