Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

SmartyValidate: a simple yet powerful form validation plugin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberguy
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fails with 3.0 rc1 - rc3 Reply with quote

mohrt wrote:
cycler wrote:
This plugin seems very nice! However for 3.0 compatibility it appears it needs some maintainance.

After it failed with 3.0 i tried it with 2.6.25 and it works perfectly.

I first tested the example with rc3 and i get a deprecated notices for each form field. When submitting anyway i get a fatal error. I've included the full errors below.

Any help would be appreciated I understand that solving this will not be trivial Sad

--

i get multiple of these for the form displaying part

Notice: function call 'get_template_vars' is unknown or deprecated. in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_wrapper.php on line 57

--

i get this when submitting

Notice: function call '_get_plugin_filepath' is unknown or deprecated. in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_wrapper.php on line 57

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'unknown method '_get_plugin_filepath'' in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_wrapper.php:117 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\libs\Smarty.class.php(763): Smarty_Internal_Wrapper->convert('_get_plugin_fil...', Array) #1 [internal function]: Smarty->__call('_get_plugin_fil...', Array) #2 C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\libs\SmartyValidate.class.php(490): Smarty->_get_plugin_filepath('validate_transf...', 'trim') #3 C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\libs\SmartyValidate.class.php(199): SmartyValidate::_execute_transform('trim', '', Array, Array, 'default') #4 C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\libs\SmartyValidate.class.php(285): SmartyValidate::_failed_fields(Array, 'default') #5 C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\validate\index.php(33): SmartyValidate::is_valid(Array) #6 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\_smartytest2-3\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_wrapper.php on line 117

It needs updated for 3.0. I'll do that after 3.0 is finalized. Basically get_template_vars needs to be getTemplateVars, and _get_plugin_filepath is being used to load plugins, it needs to use loadPlugin() instead.

I am using Smarty 3+ and renamed get_template_vars to getTemplateVars and _get_plugin_filepath to loadPlugin() but i still get the same kind of error.

Can i use this plugin using 3+ smarty or not ? thank you.

[edit]
This is the error returned:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'plugin validate_criteria is not a valid name format'
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new version that is Smarty 3.0 compatible, please give it a try and let me know of any problems.

http://www.phpinsider.com/php/code/SmartyValidate/
conner_bw
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrt wrote:
There is a new version that is Smarty 3.0 compatible, please give it a try and let me know of any problems.

http://www.phpinsider.com/php/code/SmartyValidate/

Hi, I'm trying to update my web app to Smarty 3. It relies heavily on SmartyValidate.

I'm getting dozens of the following errors:

Strict Standards: Non-static method SmartyValidate::register_object() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context

Mind you, this is because i have E_STRICT when I develop, but this begs the question, if Smarty 3 doesn't throw any of these because it's been upgraded to follow contemporary PHP standards, then why should Smarty Validate?

Is the class still static? Or do the docs need updating?
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that looks like a problem. 3.0.1 is released with the E_STRICT warnings fixed, and the constructor updated for PHP5.
conner_bw
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrt wrote:
Yes that looks like a problem. 3.0.1 is released with the E_STRICT warnings fixed, and the constructor updated for PHP5.

Terrific, thanks!
asmar
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Special character check Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm a little bit confused about this plugin usage and will appreciate any help.
I have a text field where special characters like
Code:
 @ # % & * _ + \ ' ? , . 
must not be entered into the form prior to form submission (as user types any of them).
Can that be done somehow with this plugin?

Thanks
kstingel
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Extended Installation and SmartyValidate Reply with quote

following the pattern in the Extended setup, I have created my own class extending Smarty ... I then use this class across all my sites.
Code:
// smarty configuration
class <myApp>_Smarty extends Smarty
{
   function __construct()
   {
      parent::__construct();
      $this->setTemplateDir('smarty/templates/');
      $this->setCompileDir('smarty/templates_c/');
      $this->setConfigDir('smarty/configs/');
      $this->setCacheDir('smarty/cache/');
      $this->addPluginsDir('smarty/plugins/');
      // turn on debugging for test site
      if ($_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] == "127.0.0.1") {
         $this->debugging = true;
      } else {
         $this->debugging = false;
      }
   }
}

would I be correct in assuming that I should also create a class extending SmartyValidate so that I can Validate only those forms which will require validated data?
jarnail
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Validator for smart version 2.6.12 Reply with quote

I need this for my smarty version 2.6.12. This is maintaince site so I cant update it to latest but need to validate forms so can you provide me version of this compatible with my smart version 2.6.12 ?

Thanks in advance
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find also a version for Smarty 2.x on http://www.phpinsider.com/php/code/SmartyValidate/
dbj
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this plugin still compatible with the latest Smarty 3 version?

Can and shoul it stell be used, are there any known bugs? Are there actually any alternatives?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does not work for you?
dbj
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently evaluating options and have not tried SmartyValidate yet.

That's why I'm asking where the plugin stands in 2018, with the last update released 7 years ago.

Maybe it's working so good it did not need an update in all those years, but maybe the developer just stopped maintaining it, with some open issues...
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not look like you are validating anything.
Looks more like you want us to validate something for you.
dbj
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't want anyone to do anything for me.

Let me rephrase my question: Is someone who reads this using SmartyValidate and if yes, with success or with minor/major problems? (and on which Smarty and PHP version)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: