Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

How do i assign an array WITHIN Smarty template ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarahfoxnz
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: How do i assign an array WITHIN Smarty template ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've added simple values within a smarty foreach before which is easy enough, However I am now trying to add totals within / to an ARRAY - but getting errors.

Code:

{assign var="Levels" value=""}  // Blank array

(within a foreach loop)

{assign var=Levels.$va.level value=$Levels.$va.level+1}

ERROR: Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template

Basically $va.level is a value I want to capture - & i'm counting +1 each time that level is used.

Is there a way that I can 'initialise' an array - is that different to the above starting assign ?

also, how do I add 1 each time ?
sarahfoxnz
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it.

Before the foreach
Code:

{assign "levels" []}

within the loop

Code:

{assign var="temp" value=$va.level}
{if ! isset($levels.$temp)}
{$levels.$temp = 0}
{/if}

{$levels.$temp = $levels.$temp+1}

sarahfoxnz
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Sort an array WITHIN Smarty Reply with quote

FURTHER: Ive got the array part working. (the new array is created WITHIN Smarty)

However when i do a foreach on the NEW array - It is not sorted. Its sowing the array but in the same order it was created.

I have Smarty 3.1.33. Is there a sort option within Smarty ? Or will i need to alter my main PHP script to create an unnecessary array ?
sarahfoxnz
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sort an array WITHIN Smarty Reply with quote

sarahfoxnz wrote:
FURTHER: Ive got the array part working. (the new array is created WITHIN Smarty)

However when i do a foreach on the NEW array - It is not sorted. Its sowing the array but in the same order it was created.

I have Smarty 3.1.33. Is there a sort option within Smarty ? Or will i need to alter my main PHP script to create an unnecessary array ?

Code:

{$tmp = ksort($levels)}
{foreach from=$levels key=ka item=va}

In this case $tmp is not used anywhere - Its just a temporary variable.

Can this be updated to the Smarty documentation ? Took me hours to find it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: