Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

undefined extension class 'Smarty_Internal_Method_Get_Templa

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarmstrong
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: undefined extension class 'Smarty_Internal_Method_Get_Templa Reply with quote

I'm trying to migrate from my old PHP 5.4.45 + Smarty 2.6.28 to my new PHP 7.2.25 + Smarty 3.1.33.

I'm tuning some small pieces of code, it works in most of webpages, but suddenly it stop working in some PHP pages, returning the following error message:

Code:
    Notice: Undefined property: Smarty_Internal_Undefined::$objMap in /home/www/libs/Smarty-3.1.33/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_extension_handler.php on line 132
    Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: undefined extension class 'Smarty_Internal_Method_Get_Template_Vars' <-- thrown in /home/www/libs/Smarty-3.1.33/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_undefined.php on line 62

I can not figure out which PHP code is causing this error message, since I do not see within it any line position to analyze. It seems that the PHP code of these pages are very similar to the pages which work ok. I've read on the Internet that this error may be caused by 'register_object' in PHP. I've just checked my PHP files, and there is no 'register_object' within them.

In the not-working PHP pages (as in the working ones), additionally to the rest of the PHP operations, I do just:

Code:
    $myTemplate = new Smarty();
    $myTemplate->compile_dir = $mypath . "/templates_c";
    $myTemplate->template_dir = $mypath . "/templates";
    $myTemplate->assign("myvarible", $foo);
    $myTemplate->display("mytemplate.html");

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you load Smarty?
If you just include Smarty class, that is not enough.
You should include Smarty bootstrap instead, or use Composer-provided autoloader.
bsmither
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try (if you have permission to do this) installing XDebug for PHP.

On error, XDebug will print a stack trace that shows how PHP got to the pont in question.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: