Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Unable to validate or rules skipped

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schoenung
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Unable to validate or rules skipped Reply with quote

Trying to locate a bug that is causing a rule to be ignored. I have a plugin isZipCode as follows:
Code:

function smarty_validate_criteria_isZipCode($value, $empty, &$params, &$formvars) {
        if(strlen($value) == 0)
            return $empty;       
        return (preg_match('(^\d{5}$)', $value));
}

I'm checking a field called 'zip' with the following rules

Code:

{validate field="zip" criteria="notEmpty" transform="trim" message="Required field" assign="zipErr"}
 {validate field="zip" criteria="isZipCode" transform="trim" message="Unexpected formet" assign="zipErr"}

The rule seems to be skipped as characters and everything else get validated. I've even changed the rule to isInt with no luck.

I have similar prolem with adding transforms to fields like

Code:

function smarty_validate_transform_title($value, $params, &$formvars) {
    return ucwords(strtolower($value));
}

When I add the rule
Code:

{validate field="firstname" criteria="notEmpty" transform="trim,title" message="Firstname is required" assign="firstNameErr"}

The field is validated but not transformed.

Any help here is appricated. Some rules seems to work others do not. I would figure if the plugin was not found it would squak loud. Can someone point me where to look?
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the plugin file names? Have you put any debug info in the plugins to verify they are being executed?
schoenung
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: debug info Reply with quote

I think I got the validation working. After I edited the file I assumed that smarty would compare the dates/times on the file and recompile the file. This does not seem to be the case. To fix the problem I manually wiped out the cache.

Some advice on controling the cache would be helpful. I do have compile_check=1 which I thought was supposed to stop what happened from happening.

Thanks
glen
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: