Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

strange behavior of section

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ubat
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: strange behavior of section Reply with quote

Hi !

I am encountering a strange behavior of the section-tag. after months of working perfectly all of a sudden the section-tag would produce its output twice. i will give a simple excample, which behaves exactly the same as my original, complex array.

an array like

$myAr[] = "Hello";
$myAr[] = "Test";
$myAr[] = "One";

will show like

Hello
Test
One
Hello
Test
One

I am working on a rather complex system, so i can not tell all the circumstances in this thread, but may be someone had the same problem.

my section looks like that

{$section name=i loop=$myAr}
{$myAr[i]}<br>
{$/section}

best regards !
andre
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
{$section name=i loop=$myAr}
{$myAr[i]}<br>
{$/section}

The code you posted is definitly wrong. It should look like this
Code:
{section name=i loop=$myAr}
{$myAr[i]}<br>
{/section}

{section} ... {/section} is a block function. Therefore you shouldn't add a dollar sign ($) infront of the tag names.
ubat
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: uhhh Reply with quote

i am really sorry, but of course this is a typing mistake, as i was posting the thread in the middle of the night, wehen i had been coding for about 4 hours.

of course the syntax in my project is correct.

here ist my testcode from the project :
Code:

$test[] = "Hallo";
$test[] = "Ein";
$test[] = "Test";

and here is my section

Code:

{section name=i loop=$test}
{$test[i]}
{/section}

and here is my result :

Hallo Ein Test Hallo Ein Test

may be it helps to know, that i have a template with some kind of framework for the website, in which i include a variable content-template.
the section is then in the content-template. may be smarty mixes up something. but i really didnt have this problem before.

Code:

<td>

{include file=$seitenInhalt}

</td>

where $seitenInhalt can be different .tpl-files, depending, how the variable was set by the calling php-script.

thanx
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ubat:

Yeah, I thought that it must have been a syntax error if it was working previously Wink I thought I would wait to see how you responded to andre, though (hi andre).

Quick Q:

- what does a print_r($test) look like and/or what does the Smarty Debug Console say about $test's contents? or how about count($test) -- how many elements in the source array?

It almost looks like you are using a db abstraction layer that is returning both associative and indexed values (thereby duplicating all elements).

Quote:
after months of working perfectly all of a sudden the section-tag would produce its output twice

What really happened to your code-base between the "working perfectly" and "all of a sudden"?

Clearly, the code you posted is not on its own responsible for the issue you are experiencing.

One last thing: the dynamic include in your last post--is that in a loop?
ubat
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again !

i finally found out, what caused the problem.

i was including my .php-file in another html-php-mixed file. because this was an old file ( not created by me - i don't like mixing html/php ), i commented the whole thing out and manipulated a copy of the content beneath the out-commented part.

of course php ignores the
Code:
<!-- -->
, so my file was included twice, once in the outcommented part and once in my working part, and as it was a pure php-file, it filled my arrays twice.

so this post is just to let everybody know of my blindness and that my problem is solved Smile.

take care !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: